Will Computers Revolt? by Charles Simon

Will Computers Revolt?: Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence - Simon Charles

TITLE:  Will Computers Revolt?  Preparing for hte Future of Artificial Intelligence

AUTHOR:  Charles Simon

PUBLICATION DATE:  30 October 2018

FORMAT:  ARC PDF

ISBN-13:  9781732687219

____________________________

NOTE: I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. This review is my honest opinion of the book.

____________________________

DESCRIPTION:

"Explore the world of computer intelligent technology and how we can prepare ourselves.

For those imagining the future directions of intelligent technology, this book gives readers an excellent place to start, as it is easy to read, well researched, and provocative.

This book includes many real-world examples to interest the layman along with enough technical detail to convince the computer scientist.

Written in layman's language by Charles J. Simon, an uniquely qualified, noted computer hardware expert and neural network software pioneer. He is exploring the world inf computer intelligent technology and how we can prepare ourselves."

_______________________________

The author discusses intelligence in terms of several specified behaviours which he thinks are necessary components of thinking and intelligence.  Simon then goes on to show how each behaviour is possible in future computers, but also inevitable.  He also takes a look at how humans will interact with intelligent computers in the future.

This is an interesting, methodical and somewhat plodding introductory book to artificial intelligence. There are numerous coloured diagrams to help with the explanations.  Also numerous thought experiments and comparisons between machine and human brain functioning.  This book provides food for thought, but came across as a course text book for the subject, with repetitions.  I felt like I was in a collage classroom being lectured at.