SPOILER ALERT!

Portals in Time by John Joseph Teressi

Portals in Time: The Quest for Un-Old-Age - John-Joseph Teressi

NOTE:  I received a copy of this book from NetGalley.  This review is my honest opinion of the book.

________________________________

This fantasy/dystopian/metaphysical novel follows the adventures of the "Eye of Time Exploration Team", which is sent via time-travel, on a mission to discover the Secret of Un-Old-Age and thus rescue their prematurely aging citizens and save their civilization.

This book was not for  me.  I wasn't particularly fond of the writing style, which seemed remote and provided more expositions and descriptions than showing the reading what was going on.  I can't say I was particularly fond of any of the characters either.  The "Eye of Time Exploration Team" memberes were a particularly obnoxious, obtuse, self-centred lot.  This team of 10 people somehow never completely interact with each other.   The team ends up in Acronos, which (to me) came across as an immitation version of Alice's Wonderland.  All the poetry/lyrics did not appeal to me either.  The ending was also a bit disappointing - you never know how the mission ended or what happened to the team members.  However, the concept of the "Seven Harmonies" and how they effected (pr failed to affect) the team was interesting.  The "Seven Harmonies" may be of use to those interested in metaphysics and self-improvement.

In short, the concept was interesting, but the execution was lacking.