The Yugas: Keys to Understanding Our Hidden Past, Emerging Present and Future Enlightenment - Joseph Selbie, David Steinmetz A yuga in Hindu philosophy is the name of an epoch or era within a four age cycle. According to Hindu cosmology, life in the universe is created and destroyed once every 4.1 to 8.2 billion years. The cycle of the yugas are said to repeat like the seasons, waxing and waning within a greater time-cycle of the creation and destruction of the universe. Like Summer, Spring, Winter and Autumn, each yuga involves stages or gradual changes which the earth and the consciousness of mankind goes through as a whole. A complete yuga cycle from a high Golden Age of enlightenment to a Dark Age and back again is said to be caused by the solar system's motion around another star.

"The Yugas: Keys to Understanding Our Hidden Past, Emerging Present and Future Enlightenment" discusses the ascending and descending cycles of the yugas and how this influences our past, present and future. The book makes an interesting read and provides a novel hypothesis for the rise and fall of human civilization and consciousness. The book discusses everything from the golden age of man, ancient history, the dark ages, the renaissance, the 'modern era', and contemplates what the future would be like.